Week 5










One-piece Swimsuit

The one-piece swimsuit is usually a skin-tight garment worn for any activity involving water or sun activity. The one-piece swimsuit, traditionally covering the female’s torso, can be considered as more modest than the two-piece bikini. The most common type of swimsuit is the sleeveless leotard shape, which we focused on making.






















Swimsuit- Self directed Design Exercise

For this week's homework, we were asked to develop our own design approach for experimentation with the swimsuit. I decided to work with the words 'Compose/ Dispose' as a starting point. As the one-piece swimsuit is generally designed to cover the torso, I wanted to explore how I could alter its traditional function, without taking too much away from what it really is.
I wanted to consider how I can dispose of conventional design elements or features, yet compose by creating form by combining features or elements of the traditional swimsuit.




Most bathers have certain features that are practical and impractical, taking this into account, I wanted to look at what I could take away from the bathers, without making them unwearable as bathers, as much as I could add to them within the design construction.






















No comments:

Post a Comment