Prototype development




This week I tried to focus on coming up with a pattern design solution for an idea I had that involves multiple arms. I came up with the idea from this image of jewellery made from dismembered barbie doll body parts. I admire its notion of repetition and harmony.












I found it hard to visualise how multiple arms would work on a pattern. At first I decided I would make long tubes that sit around the neck and insert holes for the arms to go through, but it didn't create the effect I was desiring.

After speaking with Ricarda, we came up with a couple of solutions that may achieve the effect I was after. I toiled one of the options, and although it didn't appear as quite what I had in mind, I was still very pleased with the result.


















































No comments:

Post a Comment