Research and methods- Week 2

To begin my toile explorationg, I decided to use already made generic garments from home and op-shops to experiment with. My aim was to gather multiple generic garments and join them together randomly to create one individual garment, almost like putting together a jigsaw puzzle. This idea relates back to my initial theme of mutated forms, unconventional pairings, disassembled structure and rearrangement of form.





This is my first toile, where I have sewn all the pieces together randomly so that you have the option to wear it in a number of different ways. These are just a few of the ways it can be worn.
I think that this experimentation had some good results yet i still don't know how I can communicate them into a finished prototype, or how I can take it further.

No comments:

Post a Comment