Exploration- Week 1

Hans Bellmer

Hans Bellmer was a German artist, best known for his life-sized female dolls he produced in the mid 1930's. I find his work intreguing yet rather disturbing with the mutated forms and unconventional poses he created by re-arraging body parts. His ability to dissasemble body parts and morph them into something else, a somewhat figure, is something that I would like to further explore.













































With Hans Bellmer in mind, it really motivated me to start exploring the idea of mutated garment structure and multiple body parts for multiple functions. It also inspired me to create collages to better demonstrate and express the mood / feel of my theme. I used a combination of different medias including magazine cut-out, tissue paper, old doll books from an op-shop and grey led pencil. To stick it down I used a clear estapol, which I find gives it a very flat smooth finish. I chose to do a collage I found it related back to my theme of combining different elements of the generic garment and mutating etc.












No comments:

Post a Comment