Research cont.

In my prototype series, I intend to explore the notion of having the option to wear the garment in more than one way. To achieve this, I have looked at the possibilities of repetition of design elements, joinings of various garments into one and flipping and pasting garments.


The major components for my prototypes will be referencing the generic garments and looking at ways I can enhance them by giving them another purpose / function. Within this, I have been experiementing different ways of achieving significant drape.






The image on the left is of Hussein Chalayan's coffee table dress. Chalayan is a fashion designer that is considered intellectual and avant garde. His collections continuously challenge traditional notions of fashion yet still remain recognisable and elegant.
I was particularily inspired by the coffee table dress and Chalayan's ability to transform an everyday item into fashion and for them to have that multifunctionality.

No comments:

Post a Comment