Second toile



I have decided to keep the back opening very streamline and simple to relate to my theme of confinement and straitjackets. I think that with the lapel strips, it would be too busy if I put an actual lapel shape at the opening.




This is where the collar is attatched to.







This is Danielle, who will be wearing the garment for assessment. After working out a shape that works best, I cut half the original toile up and traced them onto paper to produce proper patterns. This is the second toile I made from the original toile that I traced off and fixed up.



The collar/ lapel acts as the core design feature, being able to be crossed over and tied at the front. A simple and easy solution to fasten the back opening would be hook and eyes placed at the top CB and possibly one at the waist. I don't want to put too many hook and eyes as I like the fact that it opens slightly showing your back.

The lapel strip can be either tied at the front, similar to a Kimono, pulled through the front jet pockets or wrapped around the neck to act as a scarf.

1 comment:

  1. Perle I think you need a slightly smaller model for Wednesday, it seems s little to tight for D. Remember it's a jacket not a fitted top.

    ReplyDelete